Come grow Askable UK with us.
Hi. Thanks for reading this! Askable has been changing the game in research and insights since 2017. Born from the land down under (Brisbane, Australia), Askable has bootstrapped its way to a global expansion.We’ve gone from 0-40 people in 6 years and are now ready to launch into a new chapter. After a stellar few years of growth, especially in the UK, we're scaling up our team and looking for amazing people like you to join us and get us to the next level. Askable is ready to once and for all, knock out all other competitors in this space. Maintaining our bootstrapped mindset, we’re looking to bring on the right people to help us get to the next level.
When you join Askable, it’s not just another job. You’ll have the chance to build something that really matters. Our platform was built by UX researchers, for UX researchers. Our customers' experience comes first, always. In order to be the best, our team needs to be at their best. We ensure this by making sure we’ve always got each other's backs and make sure we have fun on the way. Culture is vital to our success. So much so, we even wrote a book on our Askable culture. If you’d like to learn more before you continue, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get a copy out to you.
Bonus content: If you’ve ever listened or read any books like the ones mentioned below or of a similar vein, then you’re our kind of human.
Diary of a CEO
Let My People Go Surfing
The Art of Winning
Good to Great
The Challenger Sale
Sales Acceleration Formula
The Obstacle is the Way
Okay, finally, lets talk about the job:
We’re looking for a senior sales person who thrives in a competitive environment to join our team.
You get to own the Retail/Grocery vertical and will be responsible for selling into existing accounts (5%) and targeting new logos (95%) within the UK. The world is your oyster!
You will drive account development & revenue growth leading to customer satisfaction and on-going customer loyalty through continuous improvement and focused innovation initiatives.
You will build and foster strategic relationships and will be at the forefront of our customers’ digital transformation journeys, working jointly with these customers to merge business vision with solution roadmaps to enable successful transformation.
What you’ll be doing
- Participate in new opportunity development through the collection of market information. Over time, we want you to be the leader in your vertical within the UX space.
- Attend industry events and collaborate with our Community Manager to put on events to generate leads across England and potential opportunities in the EU. Nothing beats an in person conversation.
- Analyse customer needs in terms of current business challenges and identifying solutions
- Prepare proposals, respond to inquiries and collaborate on the selling process with other members of the sales team
- Drive lead identification qualification, opportunity development and tracking
- Participate in all sales/marketing functions as it relates to company business
- Supporting current clients as needed
- Collaborate with Customer Success to ensure customers get the most value from the platform and increase usage
- Proactively identify and address issues that will increase growth velocity in your assigned vertical
- Effectively predict and deliver sales results through accurate sales forecasting done in collaboration with the Head of Sales
- Actively use the company's systems to manage business, including Hubspot, Linkedin Sales Navigator and Keynote.
What you’ll bring
- Collaboration is not a word we just walk about, we live and embody it at Askable. You need to be able to work in a team environment, take and give constructive feedback. And then, you need to be able to go and work independently to exceed assigned goals
- Energy, passion and footwork! (We have songs triggered when deals close) Have a track record and solid commercial experience in a similar capacity
- Experience with sales frameworks in the past. Bonus if you’ve read and worked with The Challenger Sale and The Sales Acceleration Formula
- Ability to learn and understand product solutions and features
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills: able to engage/sustain clients and construct effective propositions/proposals and respond effectively to tenders
- Enjoy taking initiative and problem solving. If you’re looking to work for a company that has a lot of policies and procedures, this will not be for you.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth company where change is a constant
- Influence-without-authority (Bonus if you enjoy posting on Linkedin and building your own personal brand)
Lots of words. To sum it all up in less words, if you can sell, be collaborative and not afraid to share your thoughts and feedback in an empathetic and constructive manner, then you’re more than halfway there. If you embody a “we-before-me” mindset and are always keen to learn, then you’re 90% there.
Important and fun stuff
Salary (£50k-£65k depending on experience)
Uncapped competitive commission (the more you sell, the more you’ll make)
28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
Extra 15 days of paid annual leave (We call them Askable Days and we all take them on the same day so no one can bother you on that day)
Opportunities to travel (Remember, our HQ is in Australia!)
And on that note, if you control-F to the “Free and Focused” section in our culture book, you’ll see how we treat freedom and flexibility at work. In order to achieve our version of it, we’re in the office full time. That's 5 days a week. Not because we need to see you to trust you etc, bums on seats yadda yadda but because we have a united goal and want to share hitting those milestones together. Like Arsenal (or any other great football team). They train together in person, play on the field together in person, and then when they’re not doing that, they are free and focused to do them. When we’re at work, we’re focused. Then when you're not, you're doing you. We love doing you so much that we have 1 Askable day a month where you get the whole day to yourself, paid annual leave just to do you.
So thanks for getting to this point. Clearly, a chemistry is starting to form. If you’re reading this and are excited but a little scared because you don’t think you have it all, research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria so that’s a normal feeling. At Askable, we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. Our Head of UK started out in sales, with literally 0 sales experience but had the attitude of learning it, and learning it quickly. So if that sounds like you, you might just be the perfect addition to the team!
If you're a recruiter or applying from outside of the UK, sorry this isn't the job ad for you.